3.7.07

"Fruitful" Day



Fruits have never been my favourite drawing objects. And i seldom eat fruits too.
Last Sunday, after coming home with one bag of fruits bought from wet market, The beauty of the fruits' form and colour had lured me into drawing them in watercolour. Those pears, grapes and cherries looked seductive when they were in the water. You may ask why not i just quickly snapped them with my mobile phone camera and why took the trouble and time to paint. But i think drawing them would bring a lot more fun and satisfaction to me, compared to photo taking. Drawing, after all, can train my brain and hand coordination by putting the visual onto the paper.

The other painting - pomegranates was done in acrylics. I 'borrowed' these nicely arranged fruits from one book borrowed from library. It was a casual colour exercise.

No comments: